In 2007, the legislature passed House Bill 985 amending Section 20.23(2)(b)8, Florida Statutes, to expand the oversight role of the Florida Transportation Commission. In addition to the responsibility for oversight and monitoring of the Florida Department of Transportation, Section 20.23(2)(b)8, Florida Statutes, requires the Commission to monitor the efficiency, productivity, and management of the authorities created under Chapters 348 and 349, including any authority formed using part I of Chapter 348; the Mid-Bay Bridge Authority re-created pursuant to Chapter 2000-411, Laws of Florida; and any authority formed under Chapter 343. The Commission shall also conduct periodic reviews of each authority's operations and budget, acquisition of property, management of revenue and bond proceeds, and compliance with applicable laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
To that end, the Commission, in concert with the authorities, adopted performance measures and objectives, operating indicators, and governance criteria that allow the Commission to assess the overall responsiveness of each authority in meeting their respective responsibilities to their customers and the public. The Commission prepares an annual report on its findings and progress made by the authorities and submits it to the Governor and legislature.
Transportation Authorities Under Commission Oversight
- Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX)
- Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX)
- Miami-Dade Expressway Authority (MDX)
- Mid-Bay Bridge Authority (MBBA)
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA/Tri Rail)
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
- Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA)
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority (JTA)
|FY 2019 (Transit)||FY 2019 (Toll)||FY 2018||FY 2017|
|FY 2016||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013|
|FY 2012||FY 2011||FY 2010||FY 2009|
|FY 2008||FY 2007||Archived Reports|